Software Warranty Period
The service/website warranty period will start immediately after User Acceptance Testing (UAT) signoff. Warranty period will be for duration as provided under Standard Warranty. During this period, QZ Consulting will rectify all issues in the software at no additional cost during support hours of Mon-Fri 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PKST.
|Total Contract Value||UAT Period||Warranty Duration|
|Less than USD 1,899 or £ 1,450||5 days||10 days|
|USD 1,900 – 4,999 or £ 3,900||10 days||20 days|
|Above USD 5,000 or £ 3,900||15 days||30 days|
Note: Working days only. Weekends and holidays are identified in advance and excluded from warranty duration as per mutual agreement.
During the UAT and warranty period, support will be provided via ProofHub, an intuitive and easy to use project & task management tool. An invite from ProofHub will be sent to you at the start of your project.
Type of fixes covered under UAT and Warranty period
|Corrective (to fix bugs/errors)||All errors that are highlighted in the website / web software will be rectified.|
|Adaptive||Any changes within the existing website / web software schema, sitemap or wireframe & linked to existing scope.|
|Content updates||Updates to existing content/pages on website|
Warranty Terms & Conditions
- The client will appoint and provide a technical manager to administer the application at the client end. This system administrator (or his appointed backup) will be the single point of contact to QZ Consulting for maintenance and support during the UAT and warranty period.
- Support for Live sites during warranty period is between working hours only.
- Support hours are from Mon-Fri 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PK ST (GMT+5).
- Response & resolution time will be as follows:
A. Emergency / Urgent: Under 1 hour response. This is only applicable on Live sites which are facing any one or some of the following problems:
i. Defacement / attack: Anything that causes the home to appear different than usual. This includes problems with meta descriptions, site titles, page titles etc.
ii. White screen of death: Where the site appears to not load and shows only a white screen.
iii. Server Error: Any of the 500 error series.
Furthermore, free support on the cases above is only applicable if:
- Server / hosting is provided by us
- Hosting was purchased via us
- Security package was purchased before or during the development of the website / web application
The client may be charged additional fees to cover costs associated with resolving the underlying issues. In the event the client had not purchased security at the time of the problem, QZ will asses the problem and communicate the costs for assisting or resolving the issues.
B. Fixes & Enhancements: Response in under 4 hours. Resolution time will vary depending on the problem or request.
C. Content updates: 2 hours response & 24 hours resolution.
- The client will assist QZ Consulting in any problem diagnosis. This may include step by step scenario replication, exchange of details via email, screen shots, remote desktop sharing, and if acceptable the transfer of the latest database to the support team.
The following items are not covered under our software warranty and they are provided ‘as-is’. Any issues or problems with these items will be communicated to the original software developer by us on your behalf during your software development, UAT, warranty and support period:
- Free and purchased software
- Free and purchased themes
- Free and purchased plugins, modules, libraries, etc.
Post Warranty Period /Live Support
Once the warranty period is over, client can choose to buy from any one of our maintenance plans. Please give us a call or email us at contact[at]qzconsult.com to purchase a plan.
|Standard – Quarterly||Software upgrade support plus 5 hours per month that can be used against enhancements, design updates, content uploads. Hours expire at the end of 3 months.|
|Premium – Quarterly||Software upgrade support, online monitoring (uptime + system security), daily backups and restore, plus 8 hours per month that can be used against enhancements, design updates, content uploads. Hours expire at the end of 3 months unless the contract is renewed (in which case 50% of remaining hours are carried over to the next quarter).|
Change Request Form
For any functional changes in the website / software beyond its original scope will undergo a formal Change Management Process. A Change Request Form (CRF) will be filled out after mutual acceptance between the Client and QZ Consulting. CRF will follow the same guidelines for UAT and warranty periods covered under standard warranty.The scope is outlined within the signed Proposal and/or in the Creative Brief.
This Software Warranty is updated from time to time. Last update was on: 08 October 2020