We are currently looking for someone who can work from their own comfortable space/or our home office environment between the hours of 10am to 5pm on ongoing projects.
For this we need someone who…
- Can proficiently write, rewrite, edit and research, with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of web writing.
- Can make sure that house style is adhered to (house style means the particular style conventions of a given publication, eg the publication’s tone and punctuation/grammar conventions)
- Is familiar with features, news, articles, reviews, listicles, and guides & can liaise with editor and other team members.
- Can come up with ideas and speak up in meetings.
- Ensures that write-ups are the right length with a good headline, attractive conclusion and previewed correctly before publishing.
- Makes sure that all written work is accurate and does not compromise legality.
- Can juggle multiple projects, is able to express themselves well and worl with internal team members.
The job role also requires you to be efficient, honest and willing to learn.
KEY ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS
- Qualification in English or media studies degree may be advantageous.
- Creative writing, proofreading and/or subbing skill are preferred.
- Self-motivated, comfortable working by themselves when needed.
- Be comfortable with Video and Audio Conferencing and/or Remote Work.
- Editing skills with hands-on experience with MS Office, Canva or other publishing tools
- Basic knowledge of SEO & familiarity with CMS such as WordPress
- Excellent writing skills in English & attention to detail
- Creative & Critical thinker